Translate

Saturday 2 March 2013

Rudimental ft. Ella Eyre - Waiting All Night (Radio 1 Live Lounge)

It's great that Radio 1 still have the Live Lounge. I remember when Jo Whiley was the presenter and I really enjoyed listening to her because I loved the enthusiasm and knowledge she showed about music. I was also at university and her 10am-1pm show often coincided with me waking up! When she left the show and Fearne Cotton took over it really worried me that this special part of the show would end. Luckily it hasn't.

So here's Rudimental with what is more of a PA than a live performance. I remember last time they were live on Radio 1 they had a drummer. (Brrr. What happened to that boy?)

But anyway, the songs that Rudimental have come out with so far have been excellent. Ella Eyre has a really great voice, which goes from sultry to powerful through the verse to chorus. There hasn't really been an act like this since Roni Size and Reprazent. It also feels like an antidote to the Eurosynth dance that has gotten a bit played out. I am sure this will be a big hit. It has the catchy big chorused ingredients that go into making a song a major hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment